Sunday, September 6, 2009

School is under way and my reading time has been severely shortened!!!! :(

I have read Jennifer Weiner's Good in Bed, it's sequel - Certain Girls, Little Earthquakes, and The Guy Not Taken, a short story collection Jennifer has written over several years.

I have Goodnight Nobody and In Her Shoes ready to go ... I'm anxious to read them!!!

I love Weiner's writing voice -- easy to read -- and her characters all seem like people I know.

School reading has included the first selections from our chapter of early American writings (Anne Bradstreet, Patrick Henry, George Washington) and the freshmen tackled The Cask of Amontillado and The Most Dangerous Game. They are all great selections to read and re-read each year. :)

My students are fantastic and even though a few are "repeaters" for me ( I taught them in a previous English class) , they have been working hard and showing their increased skills. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

after posting, you will need to click "select profile" drop down and choose "anonymous"