Friday, February 19, 2010

FINISHED PERCY !!!

I finished the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series :) I think Mr. Riordan did a fantastic job. I even found an "extra" book in the series in my room today ... "The Demigod Files"... and read that today during AR hours. ( I got a perfect score on the AR quiz for that one! LOL )

Next projects:

Mr. Rentel and I are preparing to start a book club with some of his sophomore girls and I hope we will quickly expand to include the other gender :) We are coming up with some neat ideas... if you have any book club suggestions, please send them my way.

I am going to read "Flannery, A Life of Flannery O'Connor" by Brad Gooch. At MSSC, English majors were required to take a semester that focused on the entire works of one author. The author during my rotation of that course was Flannery. My professor was a Flannery fanatic and I was too young and stupid to take advantage of his knowledge to gain/learn an appreciation for her work. So... my first step of academic redemption is to read the biography and remember how she came to write those stories and then I'm going to tackle a collection of her works -- Wise Blood, A Good Man is Hard to Find, The Violent Bear It Away, Everything that Rises Must Converge, and her essays and letters.

Want to read some Southern literature? join me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

after posting, you will need to click "select profile" drop down and choose "anonymous"