Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WE DID IT!!!

The freshmen and I finished reading Romeo and Juliet today!!! What an accomplishment!

I reminded them that 6 weeks ago, they thought we'd never finish. :) Not only did we finish, I think most of them enjoyed the story. (Though they might not admit that!)

Their reading improved greatly as we moved through the five acts. They began to read with a great deal of fluency and I actually enjoyed listening to them !

My teaching assignment for next year does not include freshmen. That will be the first year of my teaching career that I will not be teaching R and J to a freshmen. I almost cried at the thought of that today as we finished 7th hour. I didn't realize how much of a part that R and J have been of my career.

Thanks R, J, and Bill Shakespeare for providing me with some memorable teaching moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

after posting, you will need to click "select profile" drop down and choose "anonymous"