Friday, August 13, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love / Spooner / junior textbook

Yes, I am simultaneously reading all three of these.

Spooner and I go to sleep together. Liz Gilbert takes me to a foreign location while I'm waiting for something to begin... like another committee meeting. The junior textbook is being read while feverishly figuring out what I'm teaching for the next nine months.

  • (Sidenote... I have a student teacher this semester. Trish will start on the 16th and greet the students with me the next day. She will be with us until December.)Bulleted List
This reading schedule reminds me of my English-major, undergrad days . I would have one novel in progress for Dr. Morgan, another for Dr. Couch, and yet another for one of my social studies courses.

I once wandered into the PE department and visited my Uncle Max. He suggested I use the scales to weigh my backpack. That semester I was carrying 35 pounds worth of books across the MSSC campus, including that mammoth "Complete Works of Shakespeare". (I couldn't WAIT to turn that one back in to the rental compound!)

Anyway, I digress.

Christy asked me if I was going to see the movie "Eat, Pray, Love". We discussed that we are afraid the movie will damage the images in our minds that we developed as we read about Liz and the people she met while in Italy, India and Indonesia. We agreed that the scenery from Italy would make us homesick for the beautiful country we left 6 weeks ago.

I hope Jake develops a love of reading. I didn't think I would get Tyler to that point, but he enjoys a good book and he likes to read. (Shhhh... don't tell him I said that in my blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

after posting, you will need to click "select profile" drop down and choose "anonymous"