Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm reading "Spooner" by Pete Dexter.

Mr. Dexter's prose reminds me of Faulkner's... by the time I finally find the punctuation at the end of the sentence, I have no idea what the context of the sentence was in the first place.

The only thing keeping me going is that I am now too involved in Spooner's life and I have to find out the rest of his story.

This is on the list that we are using for the junior AR reading. It is suppposed to be classic American literature. I'm having a hard time putting it on the same list as "To Kill A Mockingbird".

2 comments:

  1. Faulkner, yuck! That is enough reason to put the book down before the headache sets in.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWIN! Thanks for reinforcing what I've always known! Faulkner is a challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

after posting, you will need to click "select profile" drop down and choose "anonymous"